< Back to Schedule
Within Intuit’s TurboTax walls the mindset is simple, “Winners Keep Score”.
In the extremely competitive tax preparation industry, every minute matters as we make million dollar data-driven decisions each day and leverage Tableau for these actionable insights. It’s imperative that we have shared understanding of customer behavior across the organization to quickly make these decisions.
This session will focus on how TurboTax, the nation’s largest online tax provider, has empowered 600+ associates across their organization to continuously keep score and stay on track to help the company achieve double digit customer growth year in and year out. The use of Tableau has enabled the TurboTax organization to answer their most critical business questions at the speed of thought giving teams the ability to think, act and deliver in real-time.
During this hour we will focus on the lessons learned along the multi-year evolution:
• Evolution from 5 analysts with Tableau Desktop to 600+ associates using Tableau Server across our Consumer Tax Group in 2016
• The importance of getting leadership support and “buy-in” at the most senior levels within the organization, which resulted in constant use by our management teams
• Training methods to successfully on-board 200+ new users each year
• Best practices to ensure consistency in analyst interpretation across the nearly 1,000 Tableau workbooks used
• Standardizing a straightforward user interface to speed up adoption and behavior change across the organization
• Shadows of self-service…while the benefits far outweigh any of the shadows, there are things we have learned along the way that will be helpful for any organization striving for enterprise wide adoption