< Back to Schedule
Incremental/Uplift Modelling is a popular method of evaluating the success of business initiatives at Cineplex. Its effectiveness at measuring the change in consumer behavior over time creates a high demand to produce this kind of analysis for various departments in the organization. Due to the large amount of requests we receive, the "Incremental Lift Model" was developed to take in user-defined inputs, and output the results within a short period of time. The results then get populated and consumed within a Tableau Workbook that's published to our server. We designed the dashboard to not only visualize the output data of the model, but to also provide a dynamic and detailed description of how the model calculates the results. The overarching goal of this project was twofold; to minimize the amount of work required to process business requests while maximizing the output generated, and to develop a means of delivering the results in a consistent manner. Both of these goals contribute greatly to our ROI by virtually eliminating all time spent executing requests that come in, and by minimizing time spent meeting with business users to explain how the incremental lift model works and how to interpret the results.
In this session we cover the following topics:
1) What is Incremental Lift?: background information on the incremental/uplift study method
2) Purpose of an Incremental Lift Model: ROI of time saved/efficiency, value to end user
3) Data Prerequisites: what do you need in order to begin scoping out your model?
4) Tips on Communicating Results: how can you leverage the tools in Tableau to communicate your results effectively?
5) Demo of the App/Model: showcase an example of how the model process works