< Back to Schedule
Business Intelligence Competency Centers (BICCs) add tremendous value to an organization's business intelligence strategy, but public sector environments bring unique challenges to the implementation of a BICC model. This presentation will demonstrate how the State of Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration utilizes its BICC to enable data-driven decision making in a bureaucratic environment.
One of the most significant differences between public and private sector environments is the additional weight placed on government agencies to serve a diverse audience with competing needs. AHCA's BICC team will demonstrate a number of solutions created for its diverse audiences, including:
- KPI and Smart Measure performance dashboards created for high-level AHCA executives
- Tableau Server infrastructure designed to satisfy IT security and data governance requirements
- Tableau User Groups to train and collaborate with both internal and inter-agency Tableau users
- Data exploration tools for political task forces and special commissions on Capitol Hill
- Innovative enhancements of statutorily-mandated reports for the general public and data journalists